The task: High-quality single-family home as a private oasis – on a corner plot
The right balance between private and public, open and closed, is a central planning task, especially in upmarket single-family house construction. Because of course no one likes to sit in a dark fortified tower – but not on show either.
The team from b i s architekten also had to implement a well-balanced visual and solar protection concept for the H house. Particularly difficult: the property borders on two public roads at the corner.
The solution: From the building form to the sun protection detail – with corners and edges
With a two-storey ensemble consisting of cubic structures, the architects created outdoor areas with different qualities: public, semi-public and sheltered. Both the position of the individual cubes in relation to each other and the cantilevers differentiate the spaces.
At the same time, the building is given a modern character by the rectilinear light cubes. This is emphasised by large, partly full-surface windows with dark frames.
Inside, the structures also define different rooms. Particularly impressive: the spacious staircase with sculptural staircase and two-storey air space. A corner glazing at the top landing creates even more space.
Baier detail for privacy and sun protection: sliding shutter meets folding shutter – at the corner of the building
The open stairwell is located on a cantilevered cube that faces both the sunny side and the street. The glazing must therefore be provided with protection from the sun and gazes, at least temporarily.
While there is enough space for a sliding shutter on the street side, there is no possibility of moving the sun protection sideways on the garden side. Here, the decision is made in favour of a folding shutter. For a uniform appearance, there must of course be no visible difference.
Baier solves the corner detail for matching sun protection with high-quality products and many years of expertise
- The Erlangen model was used for sliding and folding shutters. The filling consists of movable elliptical slats, the surrounding frame of extruded aluminium profiles.
- The sliding shutter has a vertical strut in the middle and is thus visually aligned with the folding shutter.
- The system is designed in such a way that the sliding and folding shutters meet exactly at the corner of the building.
- The rail of the sliding shutter merges with the parapet as a discreet black line.
- The sliding shutter can be moved by motor.
- The folding shutter was designed with the proven sliding-folding shutter model Premium 60 and can also be operated by motor.
The great design flexibility of the customised shutters from Baier perfects the uniform look of the combination system
- Both sliding and sliding-folding shutters have the same filling: movable aluminium slats with a length of 70 mm.
- They are also both coated in exactly the same colour.
- Baier attaches great importance to detail: the folding shutter also has the folding fitting coated in the same colour.
The individually planned and custom-made system perfectly matches the appearance of the building. Sliding and folding sliding shutters make spaciousness and width possible even in places that pose special challenges to the detail of privacy and sun protection.
Do you also have a tricky “yes-but” situation on your property? Then contact us. We appreciate challenges and plan the object-specific sun protection with you.